Senior PHP Developer
As a senior PHP developer (Systems Architect), you will be responsible for the final delivery of robust, modular server-side functionality as well as the best technological practices implemented to deliver it. Senior PHP developers are expected to be a pivotal asset in the strategisation, development and maintenance of well-engineered technical solutions.
Project delivery is expected to be undertaken using tried and tested industry standards in a way which follows department protocol and is synchronous across all members of the development team.
What you do?
All members of the back-end development team are expected to work closely with project managers and business analysts, follow company process and deliver top-notch engineered solutions both on an individual basis as part of a team.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Ability to function as part of a team in agile sprints.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Integration of back-end technologies such as third-party APIs and services.
- Integration of content management systems.
- Creation of web services for ingestion by other applications and/or companies.
- Writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way.
- Building of efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Managing cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications.
- Troubleshooting, testing and maintenance the core product software and databases.
- Production of well documented back-end code.
- Production of readme, technical and (when required) end-user documentation.
- Production of detailed specifications.
- Production of PHP code implementing the frameworks defined in the department.
- Maintenance of an obscene amount of organization on an on-going basis.
- Adherence to the department naming conventions and work folder structures.
- Ability to function as part of a team in agile sprints using code distribution and versioning tools (GitLab).
- Co-ordination with other team members as well as project managers.
- Maintenance of organized file naming conventions and working directory structures.
- Maintenance of a streamlined workflow including maintenance of project related ticketing.
- Following of emerging technologies.
- Time projection and management.
- Problem solving with elegant solutions.
- Adherence to strong thinking patterns.
Your senior duties will be as follows:
- Accurate time projection on projects for self, as well as assistance for junior devs.
- Time management of self and of junior devs.
- Mentorship of other devs when necessary.
- Ensuring department process is maintained by all members of the dev team.
- Act as the glue and driving force within the dev team when required.
- Report to the head of delivery (head of department).
- Assume first level responsibility for dev related deliveries.
- Ensure department guidelines are maintained by junior devs.
- Assist, when required, in the performance reviews of other employees within the team.
- Maintain team efficiency and team organization.
What you know?
To apply for this position, you should be proficient in the following:
- How to lead a team
- PSR standards
- How to engineer systems using the most appropriate technologies
- Agile Development
- Strong, object-oriented, PSR compliant PHP 7.0+
- MVC design pattern and other industry standard design patterns
- ORM systems, preferably Eloquent
- PHP Frameworks, preferably Laravel
- GitLab and proper versioning techniques
- PHP Unit
You will be considered ahead of the curb if you have:
- Prior experience in iGaming.
- Prior experience with Vagrant
- Prior experience with Laravel and/or Lumen
- Prior experience with Predis
- Prior experience using Jira or related ticketing
- Prior experience in CentOS systems
All applicants who which to apply for this position should have the following:
- Min. 10 years full time development
- Min. 3 years full time development
- A portfolio of work
Who you are?
- You are a person with clear
Your thought process is logically driven, you calculate twice and fire once.
- You have remarkable attention
It’s in your nature to like things done precisely, you value the importance to un-ambiguity and you tend to constantly strive towards this.
- You are a team
Although you are independent, you function well within a team framework.
- You are a quick learner
outside of programming
You get things quickly, usually without the need of too much explaining. You are a naturally intuitive person.
- You have a passion for what
You don’t just do what you do as a nine-to-five, it’s something you love doing and do with pride.
- You have strong communication
You are a good listener and can engage in meaningful conversations making sure all parties agree with the work that is being done.
- You are focused and well
You understand the need to keep things organized, it tends to come naturally to you as does immersing yourself in your work.
Who we are?
Nexus is an aggressively expanding business within the Gaming Industry, based in Malta, with international development hubs. The business is highly developed in both B2C and B2B services and requires a team that is highly proactive and career driven. You would be a member of a very young and forward thinking team with fast career growth opportunity.